POST REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

> Matrix, simply brilliant
Critter
Posted: May 30, 2003 12:04 am

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

The Matrix and Terminator before it have one thing over the slasher movies that preceeded them, they both at least provide a reasonable rationale for having some villian that can't be stopped.

There is clearly a need by the movie going public to have this entity that can't be stopped, the burden on movie creators is to come up with something that is unstop-able but not so fahking stupid that it just can't sustain itself.

The reigning king of the rational unstop-able entity was Terminator prior to Matrix. Matrix (and maybe "Blade") provide the most reasonable story platform for having an entity that can't be stopped AND for having a hero capable of superhuman feats.

I personally don't expect anything from movies like Matrix and Star Wars, I don't expect religion. AND, I personally find it a fahking joke that Joseph Campbell and George Lucas were friends, since neither one of them seem to know dick about religion.

Joseph Campbell may have been an expert on religious facts, but the man was the most boring clueless fahker on religion who ever fahking lived.

Of all the sci-fi movies I have seem, I would say Dune has the most religious overtones, in that, to me at least, it seems to be presenting Kundalini Yoga in a form that idiot *ucking westerners can understand (Dune replaces the Kundalini SNAKE With a Worm).

This brings us to the ending of Matrix.

One of the recurring themes in religion seems to be that everything is as it should be; everything happens as it was intended to happen.

After all the fists and fury in Matrix, in the last minutes of the whole big thing, we learn that the hero was DESIGNED to do exactly what he had been doing. In the last minutes of Matrix, we learn that the HERO was merely one of six previous versions of the HERO all with the same purpose. In the last minutes of Matrix, we learn that the purpose of the NEOs have always been to act as sort of a feedback loop to keep the Matrix program current and valid. This in and of itself is fahking brilliant. This one sentence at the end of matrix makes the whole series a standout.
Critter
Posted: June 01, 2003 08:08 am

Advanced Member

At one point while I was watching Matrix Reloaded, I thought that, with all of the time and money spent on this film, "Why am I looking at this ugly Black guy with red lips".

It turns out that the guy in the first Matrix who was the pilot of the "shuttle craft" is suing the makers of the Matrix for breaking their contract with him and for getting him arrested as a suspected terrorist.

I didn't count the minutes of screen time that this ugly guy had, but it seems to me it was more than Jadda Smith had.

The question is, of all the Black actors in the world who the makers of Matrix COULD have selected, why did they select this guy?

I can remember thinking the same thing about Primary Colors. Of all the Black actors in the world to play the son of an American Civil Rights Leader, why did they have to go to England to pick a Black Englishman?

Critter
Posted: November 10, 2003 03:02 am

Advanced Member

The Matrix Revolutions
The Matrix platform continues.

I would rate The Matrix concept as the third greatest movie platform, with Terminator being first and Blade second.

The only reason I would rate The Matrix as third is because it does not look natural. The Matrix has a look to it that is not natural, which may be in keeping with the general concept around which the movie is based.

The unnatural look of The Matrix does manage to take something away from the action in The Matrix. For example, when there was fighting in The Matrix I and II, it did not appear as though the fighters were actually making contact with each other (in The Matrix Revolutions, there is actually a close-up slow motion of a punch to emphasis that CONTACT was made).

Still, The Matrix concept allows for action which would not be believable in any other format. There are some incredible shots in The Matrix Revolutions, and these shots are not only incredible feats of photography, but they are incredible feats of creativity (made possible by the unlimited scope of The Matrix concept).

If you see The Matrix Revolutions you will get the story for yourself, but the actual story being told in this particular Matrix is almost inconsequential.

The Matrix concept is a work of art that has no limitations.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS POST REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

[ Script Execution time: 0.0228 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

all material on this site copyrighted by Relationship, LLC 1996-2004
skin by drunkfoundation
Tempcity (tm) Drama NYC (tm) Temp Agency New York City NYC Temp Agencies NY Temporary Employment Agency
Tempcity Hot Temp Agencies (tm) temp agency NY New York City NYC Temp Agencies Chicago Washington DC
NYC Temp Agencies Sheilaless TV Temping 247
Gay Marriage LLC, gay marriage limited liability company
Civil Union LLC civilunionllc.rllc.com
gaymarriagellc.rllc.com gaymarriagelimitedliabilitycompany.rllc.com
YouTube - Harlow Cuadra
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGGUEoPrw4g
Dailymotion - Harlow Cuadra in Action - a Sexy video
DomesticPartners LLC (tm)
Harlow Cuadra Live! also harlowcuadra.rllc.com
harlowcuadralive.net harlowcuadramovie.com
Hot NYC Temp Agencies
sheilaless.com sheilaless.net sheilaless.tv