POST REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

> The Employee as Predator
Critter
Posted: July 26, 2003 08:18 pm

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

The United States is the only major industrialized county in which the majority of the workforce is at-will. In other words, in almost every major industrialized country except for the US, employers cannot just fire workers at any time for any reason.

I deeply suspect that had there been no Blacks in the United States, at-will employment would have been done away with in the United States a long time ago.

When Congress was debating the Civil Rights Act of 1964, a lot of Congressmen voiced their concern that Blacks could use the Civil Rights Act to beat employers over the head. And I suspect that whenever the question of preserving employment at-will comes up, Blacks are always on the minds of the Congressmen who want to preserve employers right to fire workers at any time for any reason (i.e. preserve employment at-will).

In effect, the major of the American population has no legal right to continued employment because Congress wanted to (and still wants to) keep Blacks down.

Now, I personally think that the reason why most Whites have not campaigned against employment at-will is because most Whites think that they are better off than Blacks.

The majority of the US workforce is TEMP and it appears that the White Temps feel that they are better off than the Black Temps are.

As more and more workers realize what employment at-will really means, then (in my view) there will be more and more workers who will come to the conclusion that their personal agendas are far more important that the agendas of their employers of the moment.

As more and more workers become aware of what employment at-will means, it is logical to assume that there will be more and more Predatory Employees who are in the workforce not with some fantasy of having one beloved employer until they retire, but with the determined desire to further their own personal agendas and wealth.

Christopher Paige is a fictional character in the Tempcity ™ webzine, which is presented to show Corporate America how such a Predatory Worker could function in the workforce.

The question Corporate America must now consider is, "Are the benefits of preserving employment at-will, greater than the liabilities associated with having a workplace full of predatory employees".

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS POST REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

[ Script Execution time: 0.0303 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

all material on this site copyrighted by Relationship, LLC 1996-2004
skin by drunkfoundation
Tempcity (tm) Drama NYC (tm) Temp Agency New York City NYC Temp Agencies NY Temporary Employment Agency
Tempcity Hot Temp Agencies (tm) temp agency NY New York City NYC Temp Agencies Chicago Washington DC
NYC Temp Agencies Sheilaless TV Temping 247
Gay Marriage LLC, gay marriage limited liability company
Civil Union LLC civilunionllc.rllc.com
gaymarriagellc.rllc.com gaymarriagelimitedliabilitycompany.rllc.com
YouTube - Harlow Cuadra
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGGUEoPrw4g
Dailymotion - Harlow Cuadra in Action - a Sexy video
DomesticPartners LLC (tm)
Harlow Cuadra Live! also harlowcuadra.rllc.com
harlowcuadralive.net harlowcuadramovie.com
Hot NYC Temp Agencies
sheilaless.com sheilaless.net sheilaless.tv