POST REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

> Strange Days
Critter
Posted: July 28, 2003 05:11 am

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Years ago, when I first began temping, I never ever heard of any temp agency refusing to allow a temp to register (even though we all knew then that some temp agencies had no intentions of ever giving some of us work).

For the most part, the women fronting temp agencies are not rocket scientists. I even wonder if some of these women even own the temp agencies that they are listed as owning, i.e. I often think that some or all of these women are listed as owners of temp agencies on paper only solely so that the temp agency can qualify as a "minority vendor".

It just makes so much sense for a temp agency to allow everyone to register, that you have to stand back in shock over the fact that so may temp agencies NOW are refusing to allow temps to register. It essentially amounts to a deliberate and mindless desire to be malicious, a desire to be malicious to the point where these people are willing to cut off their own noses in order to slap someone they don't even know in the face.

The reason why temp agencies allowed everyone to register in the old days is that it was the ultimate defense to a possible discrimination lawsuit against the agency by the temp. By allowing everyone to register, a temp agency essentially made it almost impossible for any temp to sue it for racial and/or sexual discrimination. This is true because, since the temp was allowed to register, it was almost impossible for the temp to prove that he/she was denied anything because of his/her race/sex. The temp agency could basically say that the temp was registered but that there was no work fitting the temp's background and experience.

In addition, if you were registered with a temp agency, one of the reasons why it made little sense to sue the agency was that it was always possible the agency would really need a temp and call you. Also, and I know this from personal experience, it was also always possible that the tired ass *ucker at the agency that didn't like you, would leave or get fired and the new people would then call you with work.

When a temp agency refuses to allow you to register and/or claims that you didn't qualify to register, then there is no reason why you should not play the lawsuit lottery and try to get some money by suing the agency. I mean the agency has made it clear that you will never work for them so you are not going to burn any bridges by suing them.

AND ON ANOTHER FRONT

I just cannot imagine why a temp agency would be calling in people to register and spending time pretending to allow the person to register, and then, after wasting the person's time for a couple of hours, claiming that the temp didn't qualify or didn't pass some test.

Now, it is possible that the agency could just be using the temp to try to get leads on clients (by asking the temp where else he/she has worked and what other temp agencies he/she has worked for), but there other more cost/time efficient ways for a temp agency to get leads on clients.

And, from my personal experience, the temp counselors/recruiters who are engaged in this business of pissing off temps have ALL been young dumb bitches who haven't been in the staffing industry long enough to know shit about temping or law.

Personally, if a temp agency pisses me off, I can write about them on this website. But a temp agency engaged in the ongoing business of pissing off people should have a lot of lawyers on retainer, especially in an economic environment in which you can make just as much money suing stupid *uckers as you can working for them.

FAX EMAIL IN YOUR RESUME

Personally, I think that when a temp agency has the time to go through resumes, play telephone tag with people to get them to come in for an interview and when a temp agency has time to spend a day registering a temp, then that temp agency probably does not really need a lot of new temps.

I can remember in the old days, when a temp agency really needed someone, they would call their temps and ask them if they had a friend who could take the assignment. I got a temp assignment once from an agency I wasn't even registered with because a friend referred me, I called the temp agency from the job and gave them my tax information over the telephone.

I suppose it is a good thing that temp agencies that don't have any work are asking people to fax and email in their resumes, because we don't want to waste a day registering with a temp agency that doesn't have any work.

AND IN CONCLUSION

Given the direction that some segments of the temping market are headed, you have to wonder why some industries are using temps at all.

For example, when you look at what investment banks are requiring from temps and temp agencies, you have to wonder what the point is.

Why are investment banks using temps? My personal view, is that when if and when investment banks stop using temps in their WP Centers, then 99.9% of the Bullshit associated with Temping in NYC will disappear.

Critter
Posted: August 18, 2003 03:29 pm

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

The Whores and the Dumb beauches

The image that I have of a Temp Counsel is this burnt out, overweight, racist whore from Long Island who didn't really like anyone. While these tired aasss old whores were repulsive to the extreme, they were also Whores to the extreme. The Old World Temp Counselor Whore that I knew got a percentage of the income from each client they had, they counted fractions of cents, and, no matter how much these whores may have hated you, they would not have hesitated to call you with work if it meant putting a penny or two in their pockets.

Now, when I go out to register with temp agencies, I am running in these dumb beauches who look like they are trying to translate the nightclub/velvet rope mentality to temping. These dumb beauches are not old enough to know anything about anything, yet they seem to have no problem jumping right in and pissing off people based on what they seem to think is the RIGHT KIND OF TEMP.

First off, anyone who has run a temp agency for any length of time KNOWS that a temp that one client hates may be in demand by another client. The Whores in the temping business hate their clients about as much as they hate temps.

Second, the market for White Temps Only is rapidly drying up. Already at most law firms, the predominant life form in charge of Word Processing Centers and Clerical is Black and Female. It is only a matter of time before the predominant life form in WP Centers at Investment Banks is also Black and Female. Investment banks, which are already almost 99.9% White Male, have no need for White Males (especially White Queen Males) in clerical/support functions.

In effect, for a temp agency in New York City to be systematically giving tude to and turning away Blacks only shows that the temp agency doesn't know sheat about the temping market in New York City.

The difference between the old world Whore Temp Counselor and the New World Dumb beauch Temp Counselor is that the New World Dumb beauch Temp Counselor is far more interested in giving tude than in making money (assuming of course that these idiot beauches actually know anything about making money).

While the Old World Whore Temp Counselor seemed to be getting pretty high commissions from each one of their accounts, these New World Dumb beauch Temp Counselors seem to be only on salary and seem to have no incentive to actually generate revenue. Also,

There seems to be an entire class of New World Dumb beauch Temp Counselor that is in charge of only processing new applicants and who seem to have little or nothing at all to do with actually servicing accounts (in other words, these dumb beauches are totally divorced from the realties associated with servicing an account).

Hopefully, the GOOD that will come from a down economy and the fact that there are so many temp agencies fighting over the same Clients, will be that the idiot fahkers who don't know sheat about business will actually not be in business much longer.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

TOPIC OPTIONS POST REPLYNEW TOPICNEW POLL

[ Script Execution time: 0.0233 ]   [ 12 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]

all material on this site copyrighted by Relationship, LLC 1996-2004
skin by drunkfoundation
Tempcity (tm) Drama NYC (tm) Temp Agency New York City NYC Temp Agencies NY Temporary Employment Agency
Tempcity Hot Temp Agencies (tm) temp agency NY New York City NYC Temp Agencies Chicago Washington DC
NYC Temp Agencies Sheilaless TV Temping 247
Gay Marriage LLC, gay marriage limited liability company
Civil Union LLC civilunionllc.rllc.com
gaymarriagellc.rllc.com gaymarriagelimitedliabilitycompany.rllc.com
YouTube - Harlow Cuadra
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGGUEoPrw4g
Dailymotion - Harlow Cuadra in Action - a Sexy video
DomesticPartners LLC (tm)
Harlow Cuadra Live! also harlowcuadra.rllc.com
harlowcuadralive.net harlowcuadramovie.com
Hot NYC Temp Agencies
sheilaless.com sheilaless.net sheilaless.tv